Rev. Felix Chuah is an ordained minister with the Assemblies of God of Malaysia. He is married to Pastor Lee Siang and they have 4 children, Ruth, Esther, Nathan and Hannah.
Rev. Felix Chuah entered fulltime ministry in 1981. In 1984 he was invited to England to be a youth minister under the leadership of Rev. John Oakley, his spiritual father and mentor. In 1990 he graduated with a Diploma in Christian Ministry at Harvest Christian College in Melbourne, Australia. Subsequently, he served as a Youth Pastor at Penang Christian Centre for 7 years.
Rev. Felix felt the call of God to plant a church in the heart of Georgetown, Penang. This led to the birth of Harvest Christian Centre (HCC) in January 1997 which became the daughter church of Penang Christian Centre. HCC started with 14 vibrant youths who gathered weekly in an obscure rented pre-war house at 68 Lorong Selamat. The church quickly grew and had to meet at a conference hall in Agora Hotel. It then moved to the 1st floor of a shophouse in Gurdwara Road. Today, HCC has her own place of worship on the 6th and 7th floors of a prime business location at Canton Square, Penang. Besides being a Senior Pastor, Rev. Felix Chuah also has a strong ministry as a revivalist. He has conducted revival meetings in East Malaysia, Indonesia, Cambodia and Vietnam. He also currently serves as the Assemblies of God Northern District Superintendent Council of Malaysia
Below picture – Rev. Felix (in red shirt) with his wife, Pastor Lee Siang and family
Our fundamental beliefs as an Assemblies of God church
- The Scriptures are inspired by God.
- There is only one true God also revealed in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- The deity of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Though originally good, man willingly fell to sin.
- Every person can have restored fellowship with God through salvation.
- Two ordinances of the church: 1) Water baptism by immersion and 2) Holy Communion.
- The baptism in the Holy Spirit is a special experience subsequent to salvation.
- The initial physical evidence of the baptism in the Holy Spirit is ‘speaking in tongues.
- Sanctification initially occurs at salvation and is a progressive lifelong process.
- The church has a mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin.
- A divinely called and scripturally ordained leadership ministry serves the church.
- Divine healing of the sick is a privilege for Christians.
- The blessed hope, Jesus raptures His church prior to His return to earth.
- The millennial reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1000 years.
- A final judgement will take place for those who have rejected Christ.
- The perfect new heavens and a new earth.